Quick Tips for Using COLUMBUS
Generating formatted reports
COLUMBUS allows you to generate a formatted report for every numerical solution, whether from network adjustment, network pre-analysis, COGO, coordinate transformations, and so on.
To generate a report from network adjustment or pre-analysis results, do the following:
- From the Report menu, select the desired Results type; the selected results display.
- Click the Report File toolbar button . This will generate a report file of (or append to an existing report file) the contents of the current window.
Rather than select individual reports this way, you can easily set up which
reports you always want generated after a network adjustment or network
pre-analysis. Once set up, the reports are automatically generated.
To set up the desired reports, do the following:
Note: To generate a report from COGO, Transformations, Geoid Modeling, and so on, simply click the Report button in the Results dialog.
- From the Options menu, select Network Options | Report
- Select the reports you want.
- Click OK to save your settings.
These reports will be written to the adjustment summary window. They can then be saved to report file.
Back to top
Generating comma-delimited compact reports for use in third-party software
COLUMBUS allows you to generate a comma-delimited report for every numerical solution, whether from network adjustment, network pre-analysis, COGO, coordinate transformations, and so on. These reports contain the bare minimum of formatting (column headings only) and can easily be loaded into Microsoft Excel or other third-party software packages for further manipulation.
To create these reports, do the following:
Now, whenever a formatted report is created (see above topic), a comma-delimited report will also be created with the same file name, but with the .csv extension.
Note: For those users demanding sub-millimeter output, the results are often reported to more significant digits when using this option.
- From the Options menu select Report Headings.
- Click Create comma-delimited text report ....
- Click OK to save your changes.
Network Adjustment and Coordinate Transformation
Software Solutions Since 1990
Copyright © 1995-2011 Best-Fit Computing, Inc. All rights reserved.